Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thing 21 Student 2.0

I think that with any self-help tool the person receiving it has to be interested in receiving the help. This is true with these outlines and calculators of progress and of course Thingers had to be at least mildly motivated in learning 23 things before Jennifer's updates and any deadlines would be of any assistance in getting people going. That said, this is a handy compendium of useful tools that I am glad to become aware of. I used to give programs to help students find materials in the library for their research papers. I would include these to hand out if I ever gave one again but it's unlikely -- students just didn't show up. But if the subject came up when I was helping someone, I'd point them in this direction. Sheets of tips are always useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment